2. Information We Collect
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
The Company may collect the following personal information, including, but not limited to:
- Name and surname
- Contact details
- Phone number
- Email address
- Residential or physical address
- Next of kin contact details
- Employment and financial history
- Identification (ID, driving license, passport)
- Billing information
- Information about your location and the location of your device
- Information collected from other sources, and information which may be specific to your needs
3. How We Use Your Information
The Company collects personal information for, but not limited to, the following purposes:
- To verify identity
- For direct marketing purposes such as emails about recent specials or offerings
- To administer services
- To respond to requests
- Processing payments and refunds
- To provide feedback regarding service
- Internal staff training
- For compliance and risk purposes
4. Log Files
SA Motor Lease follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
5. Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, SA Motor Lease uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
For more general information on cookies, please read “What Are Cookies“.
6. Advertising Partners Privacy Policies
Note that SA Motor Lease has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
7. Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
8. POPI Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of your data protection rights in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal information.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we may correct any personal information you believe is incomplete or inaccurate.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal information, under certain conditions.
- The right to strict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
9. Children’s Information
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
SA Motor Lease does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
10. Contact Us