Rent to Buy is a month-to month rental agreement which allows you to buy the vehicle at any stage of the term. Our easy terms allow you to upgrade, downgrade, or exit at any stage of the term with minimal cost. SA Motor Lease has flexible return and changeover policies. Insurance, tracking, and annual licensing is also included to give you peace of mind, and is highly cost-effective. We also offer a wide range of optional extras to make your Rent to Buy journey easier and more affordable.
The deposit is non-refundable, and is due upfront along with the first month’s rental. Should you wish to upgrade or downgrade your vehicle, this deposit can be transferred.
What are the Requirements for Rent to Buy?
In order to qualify for a Rent to Buy car from SA Motor Lease, these are the basic requirements that need to be met.
- Salary: You need to have a take-home salary of R12,000 or more per month. If you and your spouse are doing a joint Rent to Buy application, your combined take-home salary needs to be R12,000 or more per month.
- Residence: You need to be living and working in either Gauteng, Cape Town, or Gqeberha (Port Elizabeth).
- Supporting Documents: You need to have a valid driver’s license. Additionally, you need copies of our ID or passport, last 3-months’ bank statement, and last 3-months’ payslip.
Is Rent to Buy the Same as Finance?
In a word, no. Rent to Buy differs from vehicle finance for a number of key reasons. Perhaps the biggest one is that you do not need credit to apply for a Rent to Buy car. If you are blacklisted or are under debt review, we can assist you with a Rent to Buy car. Here are some more key differences between the two.
- The Rent to Buy period (typically 48 months) is much shorter than the traditional finance period (60 to 72 months).
- There is no balloon payment.
- Your monthly rental is fixed from day one. Changes to the interest rate or your credit score do not affect the amount you pay each month.
- You do not carry the risk of depreciation.
- Not only does your monthly payment get you access to the vehicle, but insurance, tracking, and annual licensing are all included at no extra cost.
What Cars are Available?
SA Motor Lease has a wide range of Rent to Buy vehicles on our fleet. We stock pre-owned hatchbacks, sedans, bakkies, minibuses, vans, and more, all of which are in very good condition. No matter what your needs and budget might be, we have the right vehicle at the right price.
Where We are Located
SA Motor Lease offices throughout South Africa. Our head office is just off Marlboro Drive in Sandton. Our other branches can be found in Pretoria (near Brooklyn Mall), Cape Town, and Gqeberha (Port Elizabeth). Our coastal branches are both situated right next to the cities’ respective international airports.
To get in touch, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the closest branch to you for more assistance.